12 November 2009

AFRICOM photo shows mystery Reaper payload in Seychelles

AFRICOM photo shows mystery Reaper payload in Seychelles: "
mq-9 seychelles mystery sensor.jpgSource: AFRICOM
Spotters: I challenge you.

US Africa Command yesterday released the photo above of the MQ-9 Reaper returning to its new Seychelles base after an anti-piracy mission on November 4. The photo shows a payload under the wing that I am unable to identify. I believe it is a signals intelligence sensor of some kind. It could also be just a fuel tank. Or, maybe even a wide area camera, assuming there's a lens on the bottom of that thing. Click on the image to see the full-size picture.

I have emailed AFRICOM's public affairs office, asking them to identify the payload. I'm not optimistic that I'll get a useful response.

In the meantime, what do you guys -- and my blog commenters seem to be an all-male group, by the way -- think?
"

Link to Article

No comments: